Monday, December 9, 2013

More than just a bar. roughcut

Hey peeps.

So I think i need to edit the interviews bettter, in terms of how they line up with the view.
I am kinda scratching my head as to if the story flows together... I tried to make it flow but obviously i have a different perspective.

let me know what you think, I will surely be trying to make this video the best it can be by thursday. Thanks!
More Than A Bar Rough Cut 1 from adam burton on Vimeo.
http://vimeo.com/81447183

8 comments:

  1. Great subject choice! I love going to Pinch. In the beginning of the video, I suggest speeding up the part where the opening title comes in, to me it feels a little slow. Also in the beginning with introducing the image Pinch, I would use the actual video you recorded of the sign to cut less on using photos. Other than that great use of the time lapse and music/sound choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a really thorough interview and that's awesome. I think some interview material from the bartenders would be a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Alex said, bartenders would be nice. Maybe just even one to split it up. Interview audio could go up a few dB. I love the interview though, and it's put together well. You have an awkward aspect ratio going on too, I would double check your export settings. Video can use a bit of contrast too, looks a bit flat overall but that's not too terrible. Good rough draft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I think you covered everything really well. I would look at your audio, because the music is much louder than the interview, so I found myself turning it up and down between segments. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This video has a great sound quality! I love that it doesn't have a lot of background feedback, but his vocal tone is really smooth. I also love the audio track that is inter-cut with the interview. The subject is really interesting as well; his background info definitely makes the film more intriguing. Maybe try a few extra shots of him outside of the interview scene?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the subject and the music.
    My thinking is maybe his voice could talk over the whole thing??
    Instead of him just totally dropping out during some parts?
    And in general I found some of the footage to be a bit too long the bar footage I mean like the part around 4:00. That part was awkward when it slowed back down. I think if you cut out some of the extra footage and then used his voice over those bar shots a little bit more you could shorten this. Maybe then the others wouldn't have need for interviewing of bartenders to break it up.

    Also the shots around 1:36 are held a bit long especially with the girls so go through and watch for that. I do like the use of that particular drop out of his voice to establish the bar. After that though I don't think his voice needs to go away completely anymore.

    This guy is a great choice of subject though! Great idea and good use of time lapses especially the shot from the corner! Also the interview is framed nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was really interested in seeing this rough cut for the last week or so and I am not disappointed. Great sound quality and smooth editing/sound levels. perhaps have more of his interview being played throughout the documentary? (voice overed some other footage?) But that is just an opinion, as your rough cut documentary does a good job at providing message/visuals/etc.

    I'm glad you chose this man and his bar as the subject for your documentary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this. Light hearted. Well eidited, music compliments very well. Time lapses look great.

    ReplyDelete