I like the way this little bit is edited together for sure! Especially how you used her comment about playing outside to lead to the footage outdoors. I like the personalities I'm seeing so far and certainly look forward to seeing more.
I love this - really good job. I think that more interviews would be good, so I am looking forward to that. Interviews/quotes definitely make the story. The only thing that I really noticed that needs to be fixed is the audio at 1:00 or so. It just needs to be bumped up. But other than that, great job!
I like how comfortable the kids seem to be, which makes it feel more natural. I know its a rough draft, but there seems to be an abrupt ending without any real explanation about what the place means to the community, so that might be a good addition.
This was a great rough cut. You could benefit from more interviews, and like Will said, how much this means to the kids, etc. It was a little hard to hear what the girl was saying indoors at the beginning, but thats not a big deal, just a suggestion. Overall looks like its gonna be great.
I really like the opening of this rough cut. If you do get more quotes/interviews, my one suggestion is including cut away shots of the kids interacting with each other. I've interviewed kids before and although they are adorable their interviews can be a bit lengthy for them to get to a point. So if you pull quotes from their interviews and use cut away shots with those quotes I feel like that will be good additions to the film. Can't wait to see the finished project!
I really like the opening of this rough cut as well. If you do get more footage I would just try not to move the camera around so much, other than that great interviews and great editing and subject matter. Good job!
More interviews. Don't use on-board audio, you can hear everything the camera is doing and it's very distracting. Make sure there is no dead air in your video. Throw in some of your outdoor ambient stuff that I'm sure you have a bit of after recording. Crossfade audio to give it a bit of fluidity.
Overall, i really enjoyed this documentary. very informative and brings a revelation to the audience of the average day of these kids. there were a few shots which were a little over exposed but not by much. i would agree with more interviews, but i also feel that enough "b footage" and key interviews will be necesaary, as you are trying to portray a message more than anything else. if you have just a couple of intimate interviews that would resonate with the audience, then the hardest part of your work is over! editting and camera angles were well done! also, this does not feel staged, so that is a big plus. so far this rough cut is well done.
I like the way this little bit is edited together for sure! Especially how you used her comment about playing outside to lead to the footage outdoors. I like the personalities I'm seeing so far and certainly look forward to seeing more.
ReplyDeleteI love this - really good job. I think that more interviews would be good, so I am looking forward to that. Interviews/quotes definitely make the story. The only thing that I really noticed that needs to be fixed is the audio at 1:00 or so. It just needs to be bumped up. But other than that, great job!
ReplyDeleteI like how comfortable the kids seem to be, which makes it feel more natural. I know its a rough draft, but there seems to be an abrupt ending without any real explanation about what the place means to the community, so that might be a good addition.
ReplyDeleteThis was a great rough cut. You could benefit from more interviews, and like Will said, how much this means to the kids, etc. It was a little hard to hear what the girl was saying indoors at the beginning, but thats not a big deal, just a suggestion. Overall looks like its gonna be great.
ReplyDeleteI really like the opening of this rough cut. If you do get more quotes/interviews, my one suggestion is including cut away shots of the kids interacting with each other. I've interviewed kids before and although they are adorable their interviews can be a bit lengthy for them to get to a point. So if you pull quotes from their interviews and use cut away shots with those quotes I feel like that will be good additions to the film. Can't wait to see the finished project!
ReplyDeleteI really like the opening of this rough cut as well. If you do get more footage I would just try not to move the camera around so much, other than that great interviews and great editing and subject matter. Good job!
ReplyDeleteMore interviews. Don't use on-board audio, you can hear everything the camera is doing and it's very distracting. Make sure there is no dead air in your video. Throw in some of your outdoor ambient stuff that I'm sure you have a bit of after recording. Crossfade audio to give it a bit of fluidity.
ReplyDeleteOverall, i really enjoyed this documentary. very informative and brings a revelation to the audience of the average day of these kids. there were a few shots which were a little over exposed but not by much. i would agree with more interviews, but i also feel that enough "b footage" and key interviews will be necesaary, as you are trying to portray a message more than anything else. if you have just a couple of intimate interviews that would resonate with the audience, then the hardest part of your work is over! editting and camera angles were well done! also, this does not feel staged, so that is a big plus. so far this rough cut is well done.
ReplyDeleteI think all this really needs is more information and you're good. Interviews, narration, whatever.
ReplyDelete