Friday, December 6, 2013

feeling strange.
A documentary short on the strange feeling we call nostalgia.

https://vimeo.com/81253680

7 comments:

  1. I think this guy is a really interesting subject! He has a great story and a his laid back attitude in the interview goes well with the music selection.
    You probably cant get these but when I was watching I though it would be cool if pictures came up from his time in Portland or other candid photos befitting to moments discussed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it could be a really great film when it's finished. I like the subject you chose, and the music goes well with the interview. My main concern and only suggestion is to stabilize the footage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the previous statements. Really good content in the interview. But some of the footage is a little shaky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting choice of subject matter. The guy seems like a cool dude. His story about building houses for sure makes the film feel more real. Like Katie said, if you could get any photos they would add to the piece. Overall good job man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why does everyone want photos so much? I don't like photos in videos. They are good when used very sparingly. The interview is good. The sounds in the back aren't distracting for some reason. It actually works. It's a bit long though and your export settings are way off. Nice Kanye piano cover. Thanks for looping that and not just throwing in weird random songs like people tend to do. Mostly just shorten it so it doesn't seem like rambling. Definitely export it properly though, that's #1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The music track fits the subject PERFECTLY. Also, even though its human nature, I love how the interviewee looks up to the ceiling/elsewhere rather than the camera when reminiscing or thinking of something. It's like watching his thought process and literally watching him remember. I also love the shots of the food. Wish the audio was a little more clear, but its not bad at all! What type of mic was used? Also, maybe when he mentions Sam Cooke music (or any of the other types) you could actually incorporate that?

    ReplyDelete