DiscoverYourself Draft from
Kristina Josue on
Vimeo.
**I plan to add background music and ending credits of course. Also I plan to add more interview answers as well as myself on camera talking about my experiences. I just wanted to post a video to give you an idea of my direction on this documentary.
You've got a good start with it. The interviews are really well done. Some of the audio could be a little cleaner, but the substance is good. Also, maybe some more cutaway shots during some of the interviews would be effective.
ReplyDeleteI agree about the cut away shots. Maybe they could be of the buildings where these academics are pursued because I don't know if you could get people. I feel like ideally the shots for cut away would be of nursing students for the first girl and for your second girl of some of those business students that walk around dressed up.
ReplyDeleteBut love the message and the shots you have in the intro of the campus especially the first pan of you.
You definitely have a good start like Will said. I really like the different scenic shots at the beginning. I think another like that would be great at the end while the the girl is talking would accent what she's saying really well before going into the credits. Also, the audio could be cleaner. Specifically to the beginning shot of you on the roof, take the audio out and replace it with whatever music you want to use in the video. I agree with the cutaway shots as well--though, I feel like there doesn't have to be too many if placed and used in the right places. I like how you introduced everyone at the beginning; that was good. When you're going back and forth between person to person, make sure the audio doesn't sound abrupt or pop. But this is just a rough cut, so I'm sure you were going to fix that in editing anyway. Overall, really good job!
ReplyDeleteGreat job Kristina. I think the audio for Phus interview needs to be turned up. Cant really hear him. For the last girl you interviewed, see how you can put some other cutaway shots that somehow relate to what she is talking about. The beginning is really solid, you just need something to make it catch and stick at the end.
ReplyDeleteI liked the subject matter and camera use. The things I would change like everyone else said is cleaner audio and maybe add their names in text when they say it to add a more personal feel in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteEverything is there but man Phu's interview must have been underwater. How come his is so much murkier than everyone else's? The interviews are good, the scenic shots are fine. The content is good and you're on a great foundation here. Definitely clean up those audio interviews and if needed, re-record Phu's over again because that ruins the video.
ReplyDeleteI love the different angles that you have. The tone goes really well with the voiceover. I love the diversity in your interviews. I also like the pace of the interviews. I appreciate not having each interview play out one by one, but inter-cutting them to create a different feeling and keep the audience's focus.
ReplyDeleteYour beginning had a great start! well, your entire rough cut was good. your color balance/exposure was really well adjusted, or atleast that is my opinion. i would add some music to your footage and interviews could focus more on message/themes (like 3:30 to 4:25 for example). other than that, i liked your documentary rough cut
ReplyDeleteSimple. Well edited, nice to have three viewpoints. Solid piece.
ReplyDelete